Ah well, I called it last week, anyway. This kind of cramping has PMS written all over it.
Since I've decided to forego the blood test this cycle, I'll test again at 14DPIUI and again and 18DPIUI just to be sure it's safe to stop the progesterone suppositories.
Funny story regarding this morning's HPT.
I woke up early and everyone else is asleep - hoorah, I get a little alone time!
In the master bathroom I grab a Wondfo and head downstairs. Once downstairs I go directly into the little bathroom where I take the test.
I set it aside thinking I'll return in two or three minutes to read the results. However, I get sidetracked by cat vomit. It takes me several minutes to dispose of it then clean the carpet. Then, I discover more cat vomit. Great.
Once I finish cleaning up this lovely surprise I remember the test and think to myself "damn it's definitely been over three minutes. If the test shows even a faint line, I'll have to test again to be sure".
Good one, Jessica!
That test, after at least 7 minutes, was as stark white as new fallen snow.
I will have to invest in a box of FRER since I'm skipping the blood test this cycle. My Wondfo's have an expiration of 9/2014 so I can't fully trust them before ending progesterone.
You might wonder why I'm skipping the blood test at all.
This is what I wrote on a forum post:
I did my 5th IUI ten days ago and, as a matter of protocol, my RE sends me to get an HCG quant, Progesterone (STAT) at 12DPIUI.So far I've spent $245 to be told I'm not pregnant. Granted, three blood tests were from a CP that we were monitoring to see if there would be a rise and then to see if it fell.
Every time it's been negative (except for one CP in April) and a week later I get a bill for $35 just to be told I'm not pregnant.
At this point, I'm tired of the waste of money. For one $35 blood test I can get a few boxes of HPT's that will last several months.
My doctor likes the blood test to be done to confirm but, this was my last IUI before moving on to IVF in January.
I doubt my RE or his staff are waiting for my blood test results with baited breath and will hop on the phone to call me if they never arrive.
I have all the PMS signs so I know that I've had another failed month. What's the point in spending another $35 to confirm that?
If I were going to try again right away then I'd go get the blood test done because I know my doctor wouldn't proceed without the confirming results.
However, since I'm taking a four month break from treatments, it's okay to skip the hassle of the blood work, right?
I figured I'd take an HPT at 14DPIUI and again at 18DPIUI and when it's negative, stop taking the progesterone and let AF come.
None the less, that's a lot of money to find out something that, at best, an $.88 test from Wal-Mart can tell me.
Alright, it's taken me nearly an hour to write this post because First Born woke up and requested I put his race track together (then told me I did it backwards, so I had to fix it) and then husband woke up.
So, it's time to put this update to rest. I'll be back soon (if I can find anything to talk about).
Happy Labor Day to my American readers!