Tuesday, June 23, 2015

32w 6d - So very proud of my girl

Today's BPP & NST went so much better!

AFI went from 8.8 to 16.8. Hannah was plenty active for the BPP ultrasound and was practicing her breathing very nicely.

She even cooperated for the NST which showed to be reactive. Everything is perfect.

And, she's even moved into Vertex position, finally!


I can't even express what a relief all this is. She's beautiful and perfect and in five short weeks, we'll be bringing her home.

As for me, well, I'm hot all the time. It's summer so to be expected but, I just can't cool down enough to feel comfortable, even inside.

At home and work I have a fan blowing on me all the time. In the car I turn the AC up as far as it will go. I'm huge and uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, being hot all the time also means I'm not sleeping very well. I wake up feeling sweaty and gross.

Also, my back is starting to hurt a lot. At home I move from the sofa to the La-Z-Boy and back again several times throughout the evening.

I'm feeling Hannah down quite low now (a result of her position change I suppose) which means I feel dragged forward more than ever. I'm sure this is causing the more severe back pains. I walk as fast as your average 90 year old these days.

However, none of it matters. I'm taking in everything I can the last month of this pregnancy. I want to remember and enjoy it all.

I'm 40 years old and, next month, I'll have two kids. I think that's perfect and I can hang up my TTC cape for good.

So, I don't want to let a moment of this last month to go unnoticed. After Hannah comes, I'll never again know the feeling of being kicked from the inside. Of smiling and rubbing my belly when my baby is hiccuping (which is every day now).

I'm savoring as much of it as I can.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so uncomfortable, but glad you're still able to enjoy and appreciate the process, and as you said savour it. Only five weeks to go!! Woo-hoo!! I can't wait to welcome little Hannah in the world.xx

    ReplyDelete