Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A well informed patient

One of the things I forgot to mention yesterday was how my RE said more than once how well informed I am. He didn't say this like he was annoyed or even amused, he was glad that I had taken the time to understand what he'd be suggesting, what the test results meant and that I was taking time to understand my reproductive health.

I can't stress enough how important it is to gather information, ask questions and BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE! Don't sit idly by and be afraid to speak up about things you want clarification on.

You are not pestering your doctor, this is what you're paying him for. Be an active participant in your medical care. Your doctor will not mind. And if they do, get a new doctor.


On to other news:

CD 16 and finally "peak" readings on both the monitor and the OPK! That mean I will most likely ovulate in the next 12 - 24 hours. I never did get a "high" reading on the OPK (that happened last month too).
On Saturday I start the progesterone so that if sperm meets egg, it will have a greater chance of sticking.

Even though the odds are against us, I'm still hoping for a miracle.