Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The "four year update"

Well, yes. It has been over four years since I wrote a single word.

But, I've been busy. Give a girl a break!

Let's see...
Married? Check
Baby? Check
Another baby? Check with an *

So why am I revisiting this now?
It's because I need a place to vent my frustrations at the difficulties my family is now facing.

We very much want to be a two kid family and we've been trying for over a year with no luck. So, we've sought the help of a professional. Yep, we've started down the road of infertility treatments.

We're at the very, very beginning of it all. A gallon of blood was taken from me last week and more tests on James and I are set for this week.

Then on February 4th, we sit down with the RE and discuss the results and our options. I have no idea what he'll suggest but I'm guessing it will be to give IUI a go.

I can live with that and I hope it will work. In the mean time, I'm trying acupuncture treatments because many women have found success with it. So, I figured why not give it a try?

Whatever procedure the RE suggests, it won't begin until the end of February at the earliest so between now and then we'll continue to try the old fashion way and party like it's 1999 should it work.

So, I'm back to write about our navigation through the world of infertility treatments. I hope I have the strength to write honestly about the highs and the lows.

In the mean time, it would be great if you could cross your fingers/say a prayer/send good vibes... whatever you have.

Jessica

That sad little * up top is our son, Nathan, stillborn at the end of my pregnancy in 2012. And that's all I have to say about that.