Saturday, November 10, 2007

Maybe I should start lying?

It's 1:33AM and I just got home and to be honest, feeling quite pleased with myself.

Why do I have cause to be pleased with myself you ask?

Well, I will tell you. A girls night out ended up with me being chatted up by a cute boy.
Of course this would make any girl feel pleased with herself, however; that's not what has boosted my pride tonight.

He guessed I was 23. Niiiice. Score one for the cute boy.

The girls tonight went to a bar called Fat Tuesday's near the GMU campus. Cute boy asked me if I was a student.

Oh what flattery!

I told him I was not a student and was, in fact, quite a few years out of school. He said "You're about 23?"
I laughed and said "no, not 23". He then said "24, 25?"

We really like this guy, right?!

When I told him I was in fact, 32 he said "No, you're lying. I don't believe you."
HA!

I had the girls verify my age and he was truly surprised.

As for him, he's 25 and a student at Radford University. We chatted for a while and he was a very friendly, smart guy. I eventually excused myself and went back to my friends. He was great and all, but he'll be heading back to Radford after the weekend.

He's part of a trend lately, though. Guys who've been asking me out have been young, young guys. Not that I mind! I'm finding it flattering. None of them believe me when I say I'm 32!

So, from this point forward -- I'm 25.

Damn I rock.


No lyrics today - rather, this pearl of wisdom:
You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.
- Homer Simpson
Amen, Homer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment