Monday, April 6, 2015

Baby Kicks? Definitely.

It turns out I needn't have worried about having an anterior placenta at all. She's making her presence known just fine thank you very much.

Starting this weekend, the movement turned into actual kicking. In fact, this morning at work, one was hard enough to take my breath a bit!

I can't seem to catch it quickly enough to see if I can see the movement from the outside. It's still rather sporadic throughout the day but, she's most active in the evening. She's plenty strong though and I'm loving every second of it.

Given that she was an ounce away from being a pound last week, I'd say she's probably just about a pound by now.

James and I agreed that after the anatomy scan, we'd go register for baby items. This is something I've been looking forward to so much and Saturday was the big day.We both had so much fun walking around the store picking out items for our daughter. James somehow managed to sneak in some scans that I didn't know about until I got home and looked at the registry.

Someone on my birth board suggested using babylist and I tried it out. I absolutely LOVE it! While we registered at a couple places, this site allows you to condense your registries in one place so you only have to give out one link to anyone who asks. Also, you can be on any website at all and see something you'd like to have for your baby, and you can click on an icon and add that one item to your babylist registry.

For example, I was on the MLB website and found adorable Nationals onesies for her. I was able to add it to the registry. I also added a DC United bib, too. Brilliant!

I'm probably getting a little too exuberant with it but, you never know what someone might feel inclined to get you so I'm adding a lot of different things on there.

We're not actually planning a shower but a "sip 'n see" instead. Basically, it's a baby shower that happens after the baby is born.

I am in such a wonderful and happy mood today! DC United won this weekend, today is opening day for the Nationals and it's gorgeous outside...

Why wouldn't I be smiling on a day like this?

5 comments:

  1. loves for baby girl! you have to send me your registry! (and let me know which places I can order but ship to you lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, girl! The dress you're making her is more than enough!!
      But, I'll send you the link so you can get an idea of things you might like to put on yours.

      Delete
  2. I use Babylist too! You don't get a discount on stuff that people don't end up buying for you but you can do a private one on Amazon that mirrors the Babylist one for that. So I hear, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I did was create registries at Amazon, BRU & Target then imported those into babylist.
      But, as for BRU, you bring up an interesting point. We get 10% back for everything that's bought on our list. If someone follows the link through babylist, and buys it from the BRU site (for example), does it recognize it's from my registry and I get the 10% back credit for it?

      Going to have to look into that.

      Delete
  3. Really nice blog. I just bookmark it for future! I have a blog on double jogging stroller for baby and double jogging stroller reviews you may like.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete