Thursday, April 2, 2015

21w1d Anatomy Scan

Today was anatomy scan day and it went extremely well with everything measuring right on Target.

Some quick stats:
Fetal Position: Vertex
Heart Rhythm: Regular
Amniotic Fluid: Normal
BPM: 145
Weight: 15 oz
Cervix: Closed and Normal Length (4.7cm)
Sex: GIRL!

I get this nifty report at every MFM appointment


I can feel her moving every day now but, it's very sporadic. It's not a kicking feeling yet, more like she's rolling around. I have to admit, it's a pretty freaking amazing sensation.

She already has a lovely wardrobe of stuff we've bought her and donations from friends who are done having babies.

We're three weeks away from viability but, we certainly want her to stay put for several more months! However, viability will be a milestone to celebrate.

As for me, I'm feeling fine most of the time. I don't always sleep well but, my friend was nice enough to lend mer her pregnancy pillow which is helping me sleep better most nights.

I'm still feeling anxiety here and there but, I suppose it's less often as we get further along.

I have an appointment with my OB is two weeks and then back to the MFM in 4 weeks. Going forward, the MFM will check my cervix every four weeks because of the PROM (premature rupture of membranes) I had when pregnant with Nathan.

Side note: as I write this, baby girl is moving around.

Thanks to everyone who has commented on my blog and sent me emails and messages. The love and support... WOW!

PS - I don't have any adorable ultrasound photos of her profile because she keeps her face smothered in the placenta. :-/

2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely to read. I'm so happy to hear how she's coming along and that you're feeling ok :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great anatomy scan. So thrilled that she's doing well.

    ReplyDelete