Friday, August 29, 2014

Well, hello there PMS!

And how nice of you to bring acne, sore boobs and cramps with you to stay! 

8DPO and if it weren't for the progesterone, I'd be saying hello to Aunt Flo in the next two days, too.

Without progesterone, my LP is 10, maybe 11 days. These days I stay on the progesterone until the HCG blood test comes back as negative. Then two days later I see red.

Ah well, it was worth a shot, right? I can't say I didn't give IUI a good chance to work. 

James and I had a talk this morning because I was up a lot during the night thinking about another health issue that needs to be dealt with. Nothing serious, and I'm sure I'll blog about it at some point.

Until I deal with that, I don't think putting time and limited IVF chances into it is a good thing. In fact, I think it will be a waste of the 4 IVF's my insurance will pay for. If you're going to do it, do it right - right?

Our plan was to start IVF in October or maybe November but I think it might be more prudent to wait until January while I deal with this other health concern. That gives me four months to take Ovaboost along with a host of other supplements that will increase egg quality (hopefully). 

When I mentioned it to my doctor a few weeks ago, she said putting IVF off a few months was okay. But, I wasn't so sure because I feel 40 hanging over my head. I'm 39 and 4 months, so yeah, 40 is on top of me. 

And I know 40 isn't some magic cut-off date where you have to just close down the reproductive shop. 
But, my head is in a place where it's convinced that if I can't get pregnant before I turn 40, I will never be able to.

It's not even necessarily logical to think that. Women get pregnant in their 40's (and older) all the time! I know because I did a google search which lead me to that link. 

And, there is this story of a woman giving birth in her 60's.

So, I'll take the time to concentrate on another health concern and see where we stand in January, I think. 

*Please note: this is my plan today. A plan I think is a good idea to stick to. But, I reserve the right to change my mind in two months when I start panicking about my age again (or the age of my eggs).

It feels right to start IVF off by giving it the best possible chance to work and hopefully, my husband will make me stick to my guns on this one.

 


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the IUI. :( I think you're being wise and not letting impatience get in the way of your decisions and plan-making. You already know I have a hard time with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all get impatient when it comes to wanting a baby. We go through so much and we want results!
      Hang in there, our babies are coming!

      Delete