Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Better... but still sick

I hate this. The "icky" feeling started on Sunday and by 3AM Monday morning I was full fledged D/V.

This lasted throughout Monday so I skipped work. Tuesday I was feeling a tiny bit better so tried to go in to the office. My husband and I carpool since he works two minutes away. He dropped me off at 8AM and at 10AM I asked him to come take me home.

Today, I'm back at work and still feeling pretty rough.

I don't know for sure what this is other than a stomach bug. I truly believe all these meds are compromising my immune system.

And, I worry. If sperm did meet egg, what are the chances of it surviving this illness?
My best guess is, not very high.

I'm tired and I'm frustrated. And, I need a break.

My son needs me and I haven't been there for him the way I should be. I blame the medications. As mentioned, they make me tired, grumpy and emotional. I've been going through the motions of being a mom and it's not good enough.

For about a week (or maybe longer) my 4 year old has been putting me to bed! I go to bed and he snuggles with me, waits for me to fall asleep, then heads back downstairs to hang out with my husband until it's his bedtime.

I feel like a break for a month or two will put me right, again.

And I can also take that time to think more about the IUI/IVF debate I have going on in my head, too.

Just feeling out of sorts, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, stomach bugs are the WORST! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan <3
      A few more days and I'm sure I'll be right as rain. :-)

      Delete
  2. To be fair, I enjoy Boo-time, we get to watch Boo-Tube for ages and he always tells me when it's time for him to go to bed :)

    Don't worry about Ryan, he's lucky to have you as his mom. You've been there for him more than he'll ever know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 - Thank you, dear husband.
      I love you.
      xx

      Delete