Thursday, March 6, 2014

Not one, not two, but three!

You'll remember from yesterday that the plan was for me to return tomorrow (Friday) for an ultrasound to check that the one little egg follicle has progressed and that would most likely determine that we'd need to do the trigger shot on Friday night and do a Sunday insemination.

You may also remember that the doctor did not see my right ovary at all and found the one follicle on the left ovary.

This morning I took OPK and Fertility monitor tests and they both showed "peak" fertility.

So naturally, I panicked.

I was sure that meant that our timetable would be too late and we were probably already too late to catch this cycle and we'd have to abandon and try again next month.

I called the doctor right at 8AM and told them the test results from the morning.

The nurse spoke with the doctor and he said I needed to come in today for another ultrasound.

I spent the day convinced that I'd be told we're abandoning this month and I was coming to terms with it.

The ultrasound surprised us all. The RE today was only able to see my right ovary but saw two mature eggs (20mm and 25mm)!

So between yesterday and today I went from one decently growing follicle to having three. This is great news!

But, it does bring the timetable forward so it was good I went in today.

Tonight at 10PM I will take the trigger shot and Saturday at 8AM we go in for the IUI process.

I can't even express how excited I am!

Now I need all my friends & family (framily!) to cross your fingers and send us all the positive vibes you can spare that one of these eggs will fertilize and become our third baby.

Send some babydust my way, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment