Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Clomid Day 2

Our trip to the RE went well, nothing unexpected.

I started Clomid yesterday and the doctor suggested I take it at night before bed to lessen the effects. 
Fortunately, Clomid is only for five days but I have heard that it can make you very emotional. 

Next Wednesday we go back for another ultrasound to see the effect the Clomid has had. At that point they'll tell me when to do the trigger shot.

Speaking of trigger shots...
I know I said in my last post I wasn't going to be doing that but I misunderstood the terminology.

One of the options we were offered was Gonadotropin which is a series of 8-10 shots. This would be instead of Clomid. Either way, you still do a trigger shot to make ovulation happen.

I thought by choosing not to do that option, I was declining the trigger shot completely. I'm glad to know that's not the case.

If we don't have success this first time, we may try to Gonadotropin as it does have a better success rate. But, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I'm still going to use my CBE Monitor and OPK's this cycle knowing that the reading could be thrown off by the Clomid. 

Of course, the idea of the trigger shot is nothing short of petrifying. I got the kit in the mail yesterday I looked through the contents. Talk about intimidating! 

Take a look at this picture and you'll see what I'm in for...
Gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment