Sunday, June 29, 2008

Recovery: Day 7

And that's that for my "break". Tomorrow is back to work because I'm feeling okay. This is not exactly how I'd prefer to spend a week away from work. However, I won't be in pain again. Well, at least not from gallstones. I spent two months in near agony and now it's over. The surgery and recovery was a small price to pay for not having to deal with that pain anymore.

And now I can eat normally, too. Hells yeah!

I checked today and, sadly, no new developments on our Visa application. Not that I was expecting anything. But, I always keep my fingers crossed.

It was hard going through this past week without James. Certainly I managed fine without him, but it's a luxury I would have paid any price to have.

He certainly did his best to be available to me from 3,600 miles away. Between emails, IM's and the such, he was always in touch. And he handled my whining well (Believe it or not, I'm not the best patient). I love you, baby.

Elsewhere...

I haven't been able to attend a DC United game since May 8th and James is quick to point out that the team hasn't lost a single game since my hiatus. Could it be I'm bad luck?!

I'm pleased about my teams winning streak. Especially the 4-1 drubbing of Beckham+10 (=zero) today.

And, I'm sure the record is just a coincidence. Right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment