Sunday, March 30, 2008

We All Live in a Yellow Submarine

Occasionally, I get incredibly sentimental. This usually occurs after spending time with friend or family. The past two weekends I was lucky enough to do both.

With James in town, we had a party at a wonderful Thai restaurant in his honor. Some of my friends had met him before but most hadn't and neither had my family.

So, we gathered about twelve from far and wide - Tonya and Bryan came from Richmond, Cara and Aaron from New Jersey - in DC and had a great meal with fantastic company. James was able to meet everyone including Margaret and Fiona.

After that, five of us headed to Old Town Alexandria to spend the rest of the day and it was great. I hadn't had so much fun in a really, really long time. Everything was perfect.

The following week James and I were really busy but enjoyed our time together. And the next Saturday was spent in Richmond seeing a game and meeting daddy for lunch.

This is where the sentimentality comes in. Being with James, being with my friends and family just felt perfect. It felt comfortable and right. I realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by such terrific people all the time. I am one of the luckiest people in the world.

All in all, it couldn't have gone better and I consider his visit here a success. He returns in a five weeks then I'm off to England to do a meet and greet with his friends and family.

Other points of interest:
I got a new laptop and love it. I am getting used to Windows Vista.
DCU won. :)
DCU lost. :(
England v. USA at Wembley is a go and James and I will be attending.
I got a new (totally cute!) pink Coach bag.
Someone I was very fond of at work was fired. :(

I'll try to update more.

No comments:

Post a Comment