Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Goodbye braces!

My orthodontist removed my braces today - hoorah!
After two years and one month with them on, I forgot what it feels like to just have normal teeth. I've run my tongue over them about ten thousand times. It's so weird!

I'm glad to be done with them. 

I don't really have anything to report with TTC. I'm 1DPO but, so what? When you're not doing treatments you just don't get excited during the TWW. 

That's not to say we didn't put in a valiant effort this cycle. We did what we needed to do to get a positive result but, it's not like I'm looking forward to 14DPO so I can pull out the HPT and wait eagerly for the result. 

Even the naturally occurring "success" of last month isn't making me feel hopeful. It just feels like the odds are greatly stacked against me. Lightening doesn't strike the same place twice type of odds. 

But, we have to try, right?

5 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just time to think like a skyscraper. ;)

    http://stormhighway.com/lightning_never_strikes_the_same_place_twice_myth.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I love, love, love what you wrote so much! I didn't realize it was you until I clicked on your name!
    I AM A SKYSCRAPER!!!
    I see the title of my next blog now, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your braces off! Doesn't it make your teeth feel all weird and slimey now? I remember the days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't take long to get used to teeth without braces but, it was very weird at first.

      BTW - I am doing something I don't think I've ever done with a new blog I come across; read it from the beginning. I love your blog so much that I started with the first post and am making my way to the most recent ones.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on finally saying goodbye to your braces! I'm sure they've put you through a lot of hardships, but at least you've got a brand new smile to flash now. Hahaha! Anyway, I hope that you are faring better these days and that your TTC reports are all done and dealt with. All the best! :)

    Dorothy Payne @ Dr. Monica Crooks, DDS

    ReplyDelete